Well Control Incident Reporting
Sharing individual company well control incident statistical information with the industry and/or with regulators, which includes defining standard information to be shared and the format of that information, the means of gathering and distributing that information, and the safe use of that information to improve performance.
Well control incident reporting includes:
- Defining performance metrics for well control
- Developing a database and format for capturing data
- Determining who owns and maintains the data and the database
- Clearing legal and other obstacles to companies sharing their data
- Determining what data is reported, to whom, and how.
Source: Well Control Institute. Well Control Institute