Communications at the Wellsite
Promoting clear lines of communication, roles, decision authority, and responsibility regarding policies and procedures in a well control context at the wellsite. Communications at the wellsite include:
- Defined stakeholder personnel at the wellsite: drilling contractors, operators, and vendors
- Defined and mutually agreed well control policies and procedures at the wellsite
- Defined and mutually agreed well control roles, responsibilities and decision authority among stakeholder personnel at the wellsite
- System to ensure communication of the above reaches wellsite stakeholder personnel with defined roles, responsibilities and decision authority.
- System to ensure role and responsibilities are carried out during a well control event
- Follow-up reviews to determine and implement lessons learned in communication from the well control event.
Source: Well Control Institute. Well Control Institute