BOP Reliability Database
The creation of a global, centralized database of blowout preventer reliability information, the analysis of which can offer solutions to improve blowout preventer performance.
A BOP reliability database includes:
- Defining the BOP data to be captured
- The means of capturing, qualifying the integrity of and distributing the data
- Consensus on the ownership and management of the data and its distribution
- Clearing legal and other obstacles to sharing data
- The terms of analysis of the data to determine improvement opportunities.
Source: Well Control Institute. Well Control Institute